9/19/08
Ishida House, Matsudo

Today we went to the Jindaiji Temple, in Chufu. Nice place, we had lunch there too.

I went to withdraw some money from my bank account today, the one back in the US. Apparently the markets pulled some kinda Titanic last weekend, and dollar dropped by like 20% against the yen. I wish I'd made this withdrawal last week, but I should consider myself lucky that I didn't have more savings than I do in dollars. I hope everyone gets through this thing ok.

In the evening I met up with Yokoo Kouki (my old host dad) and went to his company's Seiji Touho (?) museum, the one with Van Gogh, Monet, and Gaugin. It was supposed to be a trip with all the interns, but everyone else had better things to do. The current exhibit was Giotto and some other Italian Renaissance stuff.

The typhoon is supposed to hit tomorrow. That should be fun.

1 comments:

mamagotcha said...

Oh, lord. I didn't even think about the exchange rate. It's going to get worse before it gets better, so if you can get it all over there soon, it would help you. Let me know if there's anything we can do...

Earthquakes, train wrecks, typhoons... um, you ARE having fun, aren't you?