My cell phone number from within Japan is 090-1254-8800. To call me from the US, dial:

011-81-90-1254-8800

If you can find a cheap long distance service (skype?), or if you're in Japan too, I'd love to hear from you! At the right times (i.e., you can't talk on cell phones on trains, and I spend quite a bit of time on them), it may be faster to email me. My cell phone email is:

justme8800 at ezweb.ne.jp

and my regular email address is:

justme8800 at gmail.com

My mailing address is:

Cordell Newmiller
Labo International Exchange Foundation
Nishi-Shinjuku Mitsui Bldg. #16F
6-24-1 Nishi-Shinjuku
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0023 JAPAN


Mail through this address is forwarded to me, so it's not very fast. If it's a hurry, email me and I can send you my current homestay address.

If it's an emergency (for example, a huge earthquake in my area) and you cannot get ahold of me, the Labo center in Tokyo can be reached at:

(03) 5324-3430

Ask for Ariel, my coordinator. If she's not available, Hirano-san, my director, also speaks a bit of English. I believe their hours are technically 9:30 to 5:30 Tokyo time, although from what I understand those are flexible.

3 comments:

Laura, Robbie, Phillip and Gordon said...

Hi Cordell! You probably don't recognize me by my name, but we are KC homeschoolers. I have just started to read some of your posts and look forward to reading more. In 1988 I was in Kawasaki for 6 months. My father was the sister city exchange teacher for the year. I worked a lot with the LABO program. I wish I had known about an internship back then. I just worked with some of the local instructors in Kawasaki and I attended LABO camp. Maybe you can remind me where that is. It was beautiful place in some snowy mountains. I have many fond memories of my experience there and I loved the food! Enjoy every moment! laura1166@hughes.net

Jeff said...

From the US, the dialing sequence starts with 011, not 1. The 81 is the international code for Japan, and the 90 is the "city code" for cell phones. 1254 must be the exchange number, and the fact that you managed to get 8800 for the last four digits is pretty impressive.

Cordell Newmiller said...

Laura, I think the intership program started around 1990, so it's possible they weren't running it back then. Nice to hear that you had fun! (The main Labo Camp is in Kurohime, right near Nagano.)

Phone# is fixed! Thanks, dad. Yeah, they let me choose the last four digits, and they let me choose the 1254 from a list they had. It was the easiest to remember (forms a square on the keypad), so I chose it.

~Cordell