11/26/08
Nakatani Apartment, Nagoya

I wrote a speech today. I'm gonna give it on Sunday, to a bunch of kids getting ready for a homestay in North America next summer.

I went out to lunch with Ono and Yamazaki, we went to the udon shop.

On the way home I went back to Oasis 21. There are some neat shops there, including a Pokemon Center, a Shonen Jump shop, a Ghibli shop, and a Tomika center. (Tomika is a toy company that makes matchbox-style model cars and trains.) Most of the licensed stuff was ridiculously overpriced, but I found a couple nice Tomika toys; a shockingly yellow Hako Bus, and a truck carrying penguins. They gave me a little catalog too, which my host brother Seia has been poring over since I got home. He's even working on a letter to Santa.

1 comments:

mamagotcha said...

Oooh, a Ghibli store? Totoros galore, I'm sure...

So glad you're keeping up the daily posts! It's a treat to find it on my Google Reader every morning.