11/30/08
Nakatani Apartment, Nagoya

I gave the speech today. There were way more people than I expected, about a hundred or so. I didn't choke, so I consider it a success.

On the way back I stopped at Osu again. This time I explored the northern portion, which turned out to be full of electronics and computer stores. Everything was ridiculously cheap. And to think, just last year, I paid $40 for a four gigabyte flash drive and it was a steal. I walked away with some various flash cards, and maxed out the RAM on my laptop.

I got home to find my host mom about to finish the final puzzle in Rush Hour. In less than a day. Now she wants the super railroad edition I mentioned, although it seems that it hasn't been released in Japan yet. According to the website, they have released a couple expansions at least, so maybe I'll be able to find those.

1 comments:

Jeff said...

Give her a book of beginner Go problems. :)